Sunday 22 June 2014

Sasuke Uchiha one shot - Why should I?



He was loved by so many. Loved for his looks, for his skill. He was suffocated by their love. They didn’t know him, they didn’t try, so he pushed them away.
                Sasuke didn’t have time for love.
                Then he left.
                Then you came.
*
Sasuke walked through the forest, someone was out here training. He followed the chakra trail until he heard a steady pounding. Moving in his quiet way, he looked from his spot in the trees and saw you. Your dark hair was tied tightly out of your way, and your eyes were sharp and focused. You sent a flurry of limbs at a tree, striking the same point until there was a steady patch worn away.
Sasuke watched you train, but when it became clear you wouldn’t be doing anything interesting he walked away. It wasn’t wise to sit this close to the leaf village.
The next day he returned and saw you there again, your hands were wrapped today, and already he could see the blood leaking through. This intrigued him, what were you fighting for?
*
Days went by and Sasuke often came to watch you. One day you sat on the ground, and he decided to show himself.
                “Why do you train here?” He asked, moving into your clearing.
                You looked up at him, “I was wondering when you’d come out. I was starting to think you stay in the trees forever.”
                “There are training grounds in the village, why don’t you stay there?”
                “Why should I?” You challenged. You were still sat on the ground and you locked gazes with him.
                “Do you know who I am?”
                You chuckled, “of course I do.”
                “Then why are you still here?”
                “Because I know you.”  
                This made him pause, what did you mean? He had never seen you before.
                You stood and dusted yourself off. “I’ve gotta get back, I promised Ino I would help with the shop today. See you tomorrow Sasuke.” You gave a little wave and made your way back to the village.
*
                “I know you’re there Sasuke, you might as well come out.” You called, not breaking your stance.
                “If you have strength to talk you aren’t training hard enough.”
                You let out a breathless laugh, “are you gonna help me then?”
                He scoffed, and you continued attacking the tree. A while later your arm hit something soft and you saw it was his hand.
                “You can’t keep training with no opponent.” He sent a kick at you which you dodged.
                “Well I’m glad you volunteered.”
                The two of you didn’t speak unless Sasuke was barking orders at you. You were on the defensive until you saw an opening, ducked down and swept your leg under both of his. He crashed to the ground and you stood over him with a grin on your face. He sent an evil grin back, well if that’s how you want to play…
                You barely held your own any more, he was hammering away and you only had time to move your body for his attacks. Hours later you sat on the ground next to Sasuke. “I don’t think I’ve ever worked that hard.” 
                He sent you a glance and you continued.
                “I’ve got Kurenai as a sensei, she’s not really big into the whole fighting thing. She’d rather improve our minds, but I just got tired of waiting.”
                Sasuke was silent, then, “what are you fighting for.” He could see it in your eyes, there was something there, a determination, a fire.
                “A chance, I suppose.” You replied, leaving him with more questions than he started with.
*
                “How are your jutsus, I assume you can do those at least?”
                “Oh yeah, my jutsus are fine.”
                “What nature type are you?”
                “Wind and water.” So that could cancel out his own lightning and fire types, only if you could use them properly of course. He adopted a stance and watched as your mirrored him.
                Start simple. He sent a jet of fire at you which you dodged. The day went much more evenly than your previous training sessions. Your nature skills were impressive. By the end of the day he was soaked and your clothes were singed, but you were both laughing.
                “See you Sasuke.” You bid him goodbye and went to walk away when he grabbed you hand.
                “Come with me.”
                Silence stretched between the two of you, and you could say nothing. You looked in his eyes that were set in determination and then you asked, “why?”
                His face hardened and then he let you go and disappeared.
                You sighed, and walked away.
*
                He didn’t show up for a week, but you kept going to that same clearing, and then he showed up.
                He stood against your training tree and looked at you. “Why does it matter?” His voice was low, and colder than you had heard it in a while.
                “Because I deserve to know.” You said.
                “Why?” He asked. You could tell he was trying to get under your skin.
                “Because you never asked before. I was always there, I always admired you. But you turned everyone away so I kept my distance, thinking maybe one day you would come to me instead. Then you left and I was heartbroken! I trained out here every day since you left so whenever you came near the leaf I would be able to sense it!
                I came out in every storm, I rushed to every fire, every sign of you and I was right there!”
                “Why?”
                “Because you had no one, and I had no one. And I love you, in every way.” You met his eyes, “so tell me Sasuke, why should I come with you.”  
                He crossed the distance in three short strides and crashed his lips to yours. His rough calloused hands tight on your jaw as your bodies molded together.
                “That’s why.”


                

No comments:

Post a Comment